Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Update

I’ve obviously been out of blogging for a while. Some have heard what has happened and have inquired, so I thought I’d give a brief update. Last Thursday afternoon my oldest son, Nathan, was struck by a truck. It was a hectic time getting information, getting to the ER, him being sent by helicopter to LeBonheur to Memphis, etc. In the end he had only one serious injury, a depressed skull fracture which punctured the membrane surrounding the brain. That was serious enough, but there could have been so much more. At LeBonheur we had a great surgeon who repaired the fracture and membrane. Now Nathan is totally fine. The doctor sent us home Sunday morning with all clear.

Many have called and written telling us of their prayers, and we are very grateful. We have been very blessed. So many have been helpful, caring, etc. Friends and family came through in so many ways. We were reminded again of the importance of community.

Praise be to God!

7 comments:

Jeff Richard Young said...

Dear Dr. V,

I am thankful your son is doing so well. Praise God!

Love in Christ,

Jeff

Steve Weaver said...

Praise the Lord that your son is ok now. That must have been a terrifying ordeal for your family. I hope everything gets back to normal soon!

Shep Shepherd said...

I am so thankful that Nathan is better. Our whole family was praying for him. Praise be to the Lord!

Ray Van Neste said...

Thanks to all!

Perry McCall said...

Ray,
I am so sorry to hear this. We will continue to pray for your family.

Unknown said...

Wow Ray! I had no idea! And to think that all this time I was cursing your name because you weren't keeping up with your blogging duties. ;)

Just kidding.

Glad to hear that your son is doing well. Praise God.

Anonymous said...

Bro VanNeste,
It is frightening when you hear these things happening to your children. It is always a relief when things work out by the hand of God.
I too, am thankful that he is home and doing well. That is really great.
God bless you and your family.